Racingline’s much-anticipated Oil Cooler Kit is an essential fit for any hard-driven MQB 2.0 TSI car running high power levels or in hot climates. It’s a complete ready to install package, using a clever sandwich plate design for straightforward and reliable installation.
Racingline VWR Oil Cooler Kit for 2.0T EA888 Gen 3
Installments by available between $0.00 - $1,000.00 Learn More
Cool Runnings – The higher your power, the harder you drive, the more important it is to protect your oil.
Why Fit An Oil Cooler Kit?
- Under hard driving, the stock oil cooler is easily overwhelmed. Failures start to occur when oil cannot dissipate its collected heat fast enough and the oil begins to thin and degrade – losing its lubrication properties.
- The RacingLine kit solves this problem: by adding in an additional air to oil cooler positioned right in the airflow in the front of the car, oil temperatures are reduced by around 15 – 20 degrees centigrade (of course dependant on how the car is being used, ambient temps and state of tune).
- Our kit retains the factory oil to water cooler and adds to it with the front-mounted cooler – doubling up your cooling capability with less heat transfer into the water system.
- As the oil moves away from the heat inside the engine, its temperature drops significantly as it is pumped through the densely packed fins of the 10-row cooler’s large surface area mounted right in the cool airflow.
- Supplied as a complete kit with every part ready for straightforward install.
- High-efficiency Cooler
Our 10-row stacked plate design efficiently forces the hot oil through a series of aluminum pressed plates. Heat dissipates as cold air moves across the plates.
- Pressure Control
- Our unique sandwich plate oil take-off includes a clever internal pressure-control valve control to direct oil flow through the cooler at correct flow/volume.
- Precision Machined
- Precision machined billet components utilizing the latest 5 Axis CNC machines for perfect accuracy, first time, every time.
- 210 Series Braided Hose
- Our oil lines feature an attractive outer nylon braid strengthened by a stainless steel inner weave for maximum resilience. Protective external sheath avoids any rubbing damage in use.
- Cold Air Location
- The front-mount location brackets of the RacingLine cooler kit places it in the optimum airflow and ensures that oil temperature drops and excess heat is funneled out efficiently.
- High-flow Filter
- The kit includes a pretty special high-flowing oil filter. Made from stainless steel micronic filter cloth with magnetic pre-filtering, capable of flowing 5x more oil than the factory paper filter.
Oil Cooler Fitment
- Unlike some oil cooler kits, with the RacingLine Performance kit there is no need to remove the intake manifold to access oil galleries for a feed in and out of the engine.
- Our clever oil filter adapter enables the oil cooler sandwich plate to be installed underneath the current oil filter housing on all EA888.3 engines – just screw off and replace.
- This sandwich plate includes an integral pressure relief valving system to protect the system from pressure spikes.
- 10-row stacked-plate oil cooler radiator, flowed to obtain maximum heat dissipation without undue pressure drop.
- Optimum front mounted location behind front lower grill aperture with all necessary brackets and fixing kit supplied.
- 210 Series stainless steel, nylon braided feed and return lines run past the chassis leg into the bumper cavity, then connecting to the oil cooler core.
Precision Engineered For Perfect Performance.
- Left-hand threaded oil filter housing top for easy (and clean) oil changes
- Stainless steel micronic high-flow filter included in each kit. Supplied separately for oil changes
- T6 6061 CNC aluminum used throughout for precision accurate fit
- Billet gloss-anodized for long-lasting protection and good looks
- Adaptor plate locates under oil filter with pressure-control valving to divert oil flow around new cooling system
- 5 times the flow of comparable paper oil filters
- Consistent filtering across entire filter surface
- Magnetic prefiltering to remove microscopic ferrous materials before they reach the filter itself
So What’s In The Kit?
- AN10 210 series Nylon braided feed and return line.
- Oil cooler mounting brackets (two sets)
- Billet CNC non-return sandwich plate.
- Billet oil filter housing with a removable drop in filter.
- AN10 10-row oil cooler core.
- Fitting kit containing all necessary nuts, bolts, washers and rubber mounting bobbins.
Fitment (Non-EU Models – For U.S. Market and ROW):
- VW Golf 7 GTI 2015+ 5G
- VW Golf 7 R 2015+ 5G
- VW Golf 7 GTI ClubSport 2016+ 5G
- VW Passat 2.0 TSI B8 2016+ 3G
- VW Arteon 2.0 TSI 2018+
- Audi S3 2015+ 8V
- Audi TT 2.0 TSI III 2017+ 8S
- Audi TTS III 2017+ 8S
Fitment Note: 2015 and older cars may also require fitment of VWG part 06L115678Q (a plastic oil stem insert). This is a running upgrade from VWG dealers so most cars will have had this part updated during earlier oil changes.